Although I am certain that Mr. Kitty went to a better place today, that doesn't make it any easier for her family. Mr. Kitty was a present for my 13th birthday, which means she has been in my life for over 17 years! After living at the farm for many years, Mr. Kitty joined Joe and I in our first apartment in Harlem. That included during the blackout when our apartment was about 90 degrees and she almost dehydrated! She then moved with us to Ann Arbor for law school and South Bend for my clerkship. She put up with so many of Joe and I's games for her like when we rocked her as "baby kitty" or made her fly as "super kitty." For the past two years she's been a Chicago kitty. Throughout all of this Mr. Kitty was a great friend and a really good cat. That was never more evident than when she transitioned to life with Finn. Even though she was old and sick by then, she would let Finn "pet her" without ever making a move against him. And Finny LOVED her! He would wake up in the morning, hear her meow, and start yellow "gatto, meow!" It will certainly be hard tomorrow when she doesn't respond. So with that, I thought I'd post a few pictures of our last night with Mr. Kitty. We love you!


No comments:
Post a Comment