Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mom's Big 3-0

I planned a bit of a girly extravaganza for my 30th birthday and I forced Mom, Michelle and Vicki to fly out for the festivities. Friday night we, including Joe, went out to a champagne bar followed by a fondue dinner. Probably not the way Joe would have picked to spend a Friday night, but he faked it like a champ and even surprised me with a cake at dinner! Saturday the girls went to Bliss Spa for services. I got a mani, pedi and youth facial (because I need that now). Shell got the blissage 75 message. Mom got a manicure. And Vicki was adventurous and got the Carrot and Sesame Seed Body Scrub that ended with a vishy shower. Sounded heavenly. That night Vicki had to fly home, so Shell, Mom and I stayed in and watched Julie & Julia (I recommend). Joe needed a break from the girl-fest and went over to Jon's to watch football and drink beer. I personally think he made the wrong call because Meryl Streep was great! =) Sunday we went to see American Buffalo at Steppenwolf, which was also good. Then we concluded our girliness by watching both The Golden Globes and 500 Days of Summer. It was quite the weekend. And in between the adult activities, Finn got TONS of loving from his grandma and aunts. He's been asking for them ever since they left! We didn't manage to get out the camera too much over the weekend (much to my chagrin), but here are a couple we snapped.

Spa Day!

Finny made Michelle and Grandma read him his favorite books The Ugly Pumpkin, Chugga Chugga Choo Choo, I Love You Stinky Face, and Llama Llama Red Pajama over and over again! We've read The Ugly Pumpkin so often he now chimes in with a quarter of the words!

Finn wearing the Christmas pjs from Grandma and showing her his Lulu's Letters toy.

No comments: