This school year brought a big change for our family ... all three kids would be going to full day school! Leading up to this day was very emotional for me. I teared up multiple times imagining sending my little girls off all day. Especially because Sabine hadn't been thrilled about camp and a few days I had to leave her off while she was crying and running after me. So my heart was breaking thinking about how I was going to handle a year of tearful drop offs. To try to avoid this, I wanted to make the big day as special as possible. The Friday before, I took the kids to my salon for hair cuts. It was only Sabine's second or third cut ever, and she adores salons, so she was in heaven.
They clean up well!
The Tuesday after Labor Day was the big day! The girls had first day of school dresses, while Finn was in his gym uniform. This was old hat for Finn and he was so ready to start his 1st grade adventures.
The girls seemed so little against those big doors, but they bravely went into school and never looked back. Even Sabine, who I was so sure would have some adjustment issues, hung her Frozen book bag up and was excited for preschool. I hate that they are growing up so fast. But I love that they are getting to experience so many fun things. My only wish for them is that they love school and learning as much as their big bro.






No comments:
Post a Comment