Sunday, June 24, 2012

Memorial Day in Ohio!

I think the vast majority of Midwesterners LIVE for summer.  We suffer through at least six months of completely crappy weather each year, so we make the best of every single sunny day.  While our winter wasn't terrible this year, I still have been counting down the days until summer.  And so the kids and I celebrated the first unofficial weekend of summer as it should be celebrated - with fishing, bbqs and chilling in the pool.  The major drawback was that Dad was stuck at work back in Chicago.    Hopefully next year Joe is enjoying all of this with us!

Saturday started with a trip to Grandma Laser's house.  Papa, Gigi, the kids and I met Molly, Lyle, Izzy and Xavier for some serious fishing.  While Lourdes and Sabine just offered moral support this year, I told Papa that next year he was going to need two more fishing poles to go with the Batman one he bought Finn this year.    



Bonding with Laser Mae.

Showing off his catches!

Then after grabbing some zzz's on the trip from Laser's to Columbus, the kids met up with more cousins at Monna's house for a bbq in honor of Vicki and Finn's birthdays.  The sprinkler went over HUGE!  Even Lou got out there with the rest of them.


And yet another pirate cake for Finn.  Who knew that Vicki shared Finn's love for pirate culture.
No rest for the weary, after staying up late at the bbq, we took the kids to the Bexley pool for 4 hours on Sunday.  We all had an absolute blast soaking up the rays!





And while the pictures stop here, the fun certainly didn't.  After the pool, we all headed back to Molly's house for pizza.  While the kids played ball and in the play house outside, the adults got their squeak on.  And after yet another late night, our weekend topped out on Monday with a trip to Zoombezi Bay with the Mudras.  I so wish I would have gotten some pictures of the kids playing with Jillian and Juliet, but we were all pretty exhausted at that point.   That place is a blast though and definitely on the itinerary for next year!

No comments: