For Mother's Day, I signed Finn and I up for a cooking class with our friends Lourdes and Mae. It was a great idea! Finn, I and the rest of the class chopped up all the vegetables for a yummy homemade marinara sauce, which topped the baked spaghetti. We also tore the lettuce leaves, squeezed the lemon and chopped the garlic for a vegetarian Caesar salad. The class specifically stated it was designed for children age 4 and older. When I called to sign up, they told me that since the class was an hour and a half long Finn would probably get bored and wander off to play with the toys. No chance. Finn LOVED it! And after all of our chopping was done, they sent us home with enough salad and pasta to feed the family for dinner. It was a really fun way to spend some quality time with my eldest on Mother's Day.
Our budding chefs!
All the kids got to take a turn blending the dressing.
Tasting the fruits of their labors
No comments:
Post a Comment