I'm going to have to utter the cliche, two years has flown by, because it really has! I cannot believe my tiny preemie babies are now confident, headstrong little girls. In one way it makes me very sad and nostalgic, but that is tempered by how cute this age is. One thing that is helpful is that you are still so tiny. At two, Lourdes and Sabine are 33 and 32.25 inches and 23 lbs 6 oz and 20 lbs 15 oz, respectively. Lourdes is 25th percentile for height and 10th percentile for weight. Sabine is between 10th and 25th for height and not on the chart for weight. Another thing that helps is that you are learning so many new words each day, that every phrase that comes out of your mouths is cute, new and unexpected. Like when I handed out forks at dinner unthinkingly as always, and Lourdes out of nowhere said "No, I want pink one." Or when just tonight after your two year well baby checkup, we were eating at Potbellys and I gave Sabine a glass of water and she said "I want hielo." which means ice in Spanish. And even though you are twins, you have very distinct personalities.
Lourdes you are so verbal and you absolutely love music. You love dancing along to Single Ladies, I Like to Move It, Cherry Lips and Call Me Maybe. You also know all the words to ABCs, Twinkle Twinkle and Row Row Row Your Boat. You repeat everything Finny says, including "there's a witch" every time we head upstairs. You are such a wild lady at home, taking aspirin that results in a night spent in the PICU, jumping into a swimming pool by yourself when no one is looking, or opening up the front door while Dad is in the bathroom, going outside and playing in the alley until you are discovered, but when you get around other people you are the shy one. You need to warm up to a new situation gradually before you are ready to be yourself. And you are so soft hearted. When you are corrected, you burst into tears. When Gigi and Papa leave, you yell from the window "I'm going to miss you." And you run over to check on Finnegan and Sabine when they cry.
Sabine you are my cuddle monkey and my reader. You love to get lots of kisses and snuggle in my lap while I read you book after book after book. Or if I can't read to you right then, you stack up about 6 books all around you and start going through them all on your own. But just because you are the tiny, snuggly one doesn't mean you let your sister and brother walk all over you. If they come up and start looking at one of the books in your stack, you will yell "no" and usually smack them on the head. For such a tiny, adorable pixie, your siblings know not to mess with you. You are also quicker to venture out on your own. When Lourdes is hanging back with mom at dance class, you are out dancing with the other little girls. When we go home to Ohio, you have no problem immediately climbing up on Grandma or an aunt's lap for a snuggle. You also have really great fine motor skills for a two year old. Months ago you knew how to hold a crayon or pen properly and you love to write and draw.
It has been so much fun watching you grow and develop, and I can't wait to see what this next year holds in store.
As much as I miss sleeping with you both curled on my chest...
I am loving watching you become such fabulous little people.

No comments:
Post a Comment