The second the Thanksgiving dishes are clean and dry, my thoughts turn to my absolute favorite holiday ... Christmas. We always get our tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and this year we got a big one. This nine foot bad boy touched the ceiling, so there was no angel this year. And we did have to bungee cord it to the pantry to make sure it didn't fall. But it was BEAUTIFUL!!!
I absolutely love getting out the ornaments each year. I love how they are a mix of kids-crafted ornaments and those we have bought or been gifted along the way. Each one brings a smile to my face. Like little Hercules in this picture. Finn is obsessed with that movie even though it is a sub-par Disney film. And every year when I get out that ornament, even after he's in college and too cool to help me decorate, I'll remember that.
So fabulous! This tree brought me joy for over a month. I would just sit at night and take in all of its towering, twinkling glory.
This year we decided to get a fresh wreath and garland for over the fireplace. Absolutely the right choice. It was gorgeous and smelled so good!
My Christmas village keeps growing. Thank goodness we installed the benches in the remodel or I might not have had enough room for it all.
And with the return of the tree comes Gorky and Sissy. Mischievous as ever.
And after all that merry making, Sabine and I needed to catch some zzzs. I like this picture because Kermit looks ginormous compared to our teeny Bean.



No comments:
Post a Comment