Friday, June 6, 2014

Spring Break Staycation

I really wanted to get away somewhere warm with the kids over Springbreak, but that didn't work as both Joe and I had deadlines to meet.  So I planned a staycation for the kids.  Half they did with Rosa, half I was able to enjoy, and Dad enjoyed the last 1/4.  First day was a trip to the Nature Museum.  The kids and Rosa took the bus there, so I didn't get any pictures.  

Tuesday was a personal art class at Paintbrush.  They made owls and totem poles.  

Wednesday, I dropped Rosa and the kids off at the Planetarium on my way into the office.  They really liked the movie on the planets and stars and, of course, the play area.


Thursday we went to Schaumburg for dinner at Medieval Times.  I thought Finn would enjoy this, but I wasn't expecting much.  Turns out ... jousting, even fake jousting, is cool at any age.  The girls got carnations from our knight, so they were cool with it too.




Friday, back to Schaumburg for Legoland.  Very fun!  Lourdes spiked a fever that morning, so she wasn't participating much, but Finnegan and Sabine had a blast.






Saturday was really a special treat for mommy as well.  Dad used his Jenner discount to get us a suite at the Peninsula.  SO nice.  And we took a swim in their pool as soon as we got there and just before we left.  Heavenly!  

The Peninsula is also conveniently located near the Hancock Building ....

And Rainforest Cafe.  The food here is terrible, but the kids dug the animals and the fake thunderstorm.  All in all, we made the most out of the week of from school.

No comments: