Friday, April 4, 2014

New Addition

Ever since Mr. Kitty went to the big kitty scratchpad in the sky, I have been wanting another cat.  However, I knew we should wait until the girls were at least 3 before we introduced a small, vulnerable animal into this mad house.  Especially, since until very recently, Sabine was terrified of all animals.  Well the girls were ready and I finally wore Joe down to the point where he stopped protesting so vehemently, so off the kids and I went to PAWS adoption agency.  Getting a cat from PAWS was WAY harder than bringing three children home from the hospital.  They wanted references outside the family.  Since Joe didn't come with us to pick out the cat, they insisted on calling him to make sure that he was on board with the adoption.   Side note: He wasn't thrilled, but I threatened bodily harm if he blew the phone interview.  I also had to sign a multi-page contract that included a provision that PAWS personnel can supposedly make house calls, if the need arises.  To be fair, we didn't make the best impression.  I unknowingly berated a volunteer with no hands and the kids badgered a little girl who didn't have a daddy.

But it was all worth it, because Kermit is a great addition to the Manning-Kline clan.  Sure, Kermit has to scratch Lourdes almost daily to keep her inline.  But Lou rightly deserves those scratches, and Kermit is, for the most part, a super low key, friendly cat.

Adopting Kermit (who Finny wanted to call Puss-in-Boots or Pussy for short)

Joe has come to begrudgingly like little Kermit.


No comments: