Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Visit from the Zs

Maura and Ed are die hard Pearl Jam fans.  So when they heard that Pearl Jam was playing a show at Wrigley Field, they decided to make a trip out of it.  We are so glad that they did!  On Friday before the concert, we took the Manning-Lamaze family on the Architectural Boat Tour.  It was a hit, as expected.  Then while Maura and Ed enjoyed their night out, I ordered pizza for the kids and let them watch Rise of the Guardians.  Stellar babysitting, I know.  Poor Maura and Ed had to sit through a 3 HOUR rain delay and their concert wasn't over until after 1 a.m.  While they were understandably beat the next day, they were troopers about it and were still up for hitting the Museum of Science and Industry.  We were there for almost 5 hours!  We took the U-Boat tour and went through the coal mine, along with hitting all the usual exhibits.  We even got to see a baby chick being born!  It was awesome.  My kids were exhausted afterwards and passed out on the ride home.  But after a cat nap, we all hit up Bivona for dinner.  It was an awesome night because the owner came out and made balloon animals for all of the kids.  They were loving it!  I wish I would have gotten pictures!  Then we had a little dance party before bed with the Lamazes showing off how they know all of the lyrics to Thrift Shop.  It was such a fun weekend!



No comments: