Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Easter Weekend!

We had such a great Easter!  This is the first Easter Lourdes and Sabine could participate in the activities, and they had such a blast.  Of course, the kids always have a blast when Gigi and Papa come to visit!  The festivities started on Friday with a trip to Little Beans for their Easter party.  The girls kept Gigi busy helping them down the slide...


while Finn was the perfect Fire Chief!

Finn was braver this year and even got a picture on the Bunny's lap!  

Then Saturday after Sabine got some snuggling from her grandparents...


we colored eggs!  All the kids did a great job.


I was especially impressed with Beanie's fine motor skills.  That girl loves to paint, color and write!  

Showing off their baskets.  Moments later Lourdes chucked her basket off the table and cracked most of her eggs.  Crazy girl!

Then while the girls napped, I decided to revive a tradition from my childhood - making Easter candy.  The weekend before, I bought a candy making kit and several different colors of chocolate.  And with my trusty helper Finn, we made flowers, chicks, eggs, butterflies and rabbits for us and the neighbors to enjoy.  They actually turned out really cute!  


When the girls woke up it was time to introduce Papa to I'm Elmo and I Know It, hands down the kids FAVORITE song.

And after all that lead up, it was finally Easter morning.  The girls were so excited to wake up to new tricycles!    


But the Easter Bunny didn't forget about Finn, he got some awesome Scooby toys  

And what says Easter like a light saber!  

And to top it all off, the kids had a great time finding all the eggs the Bunny hid around the house.


Until next year, Easter Bunny!

No comments: