On March 15, we took the girls in for their 18 month check up. Lourdes was 31 inches and 19 pounds 15 ounces. Sabine was a half inch shorter, 30.5 inches, and 17.5 pounds. While neither are blazing up the growth charts, the doctor was very impressed with their speech. Both Sabine and Lourdes can say at least 20 words including: apple, momma, dadda, up, uh oh, that, want, hi, bye, Gigi, Papa, sock, hungry, mine, book, duck, quack, no, yes, and eye. They can also say a couple of phrases like "uh oh momma," "uh oh baby," and "I want that." They can identify most of their body parts and they know what sounds ducks, monkeys and dogs make. Lourdes LOVES music. She is constantly bobbing her head to the beat. As Uncle Greg put it when Lou was head-banging one day - "that girl has a lot of black leather and denim in her future." Sabine has a healthy fear of oversized animals. Finn has a duck that sings a quack quack song. Bean is terrified of it. She starts crying the second it turns on and refuses to go anywhere near it. When you are as small as she is, I think it makes sense to be wary of talking animals that are near your size. Also while Finny refers to Lourdes as "trouble," Sabine definitely has a temper of her own. Take something away from her and she'll definitely let you know that she is displeased to put it mildly. They are so quickly developing such fun, different personalities that Joe and I love to just sit back and take it all in. It will be interesting to see all the changes another 18 months will make!
Well after the stellar check-up, Joe and I took the family to Indianapolis to spend St. Patrick's Day weekend with the Magids. It was a blast! Joe and I took Friday off work and spent the morning taking the kids and Grandma to the Children's Museum. That place is the best. We checked out the dinosaurs, legos, Mr. Potato head and space exhibits and preschool play area. Then that night, we stayed home with our little ones while Grandma, the rest of the Magids, Aunt Michelle and Uncle Greg went to see Zachary in Hairspray. While I wasn't able to see it live, I've since seen the video and it was excellent! The next day was St. Patrick's Day, and we spent the morning wearing our green on Julie's porch and watching the kid play in the yard. It was just a wonderfully relaxing, fun weekend.
Finn getting his dig on.
Sabine doing a great job with the legos.
Sweet lego car!
Captain Finnegan.
The girls LOVED the water! They were soaked by the end of this.
But even though they were wet and exhausted, they still wanted to keep playing.
Kiss me I'm cute!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment