There is no better way to spend a winter afternoon than at the children's museum. The kids have a blast and completely wear themselves out. This was actually the first time the girls were old enough to get really into it. They had a blast in the tree house room, which is for kids up to 5 years of age, while Finn and Dad were off enjoying the water table. Lourdes and Sabine played in a canoe, went down a slide, cooked, and played with some balls, but the fishing was an especially big hit. Unfortunately, it was a bit crowded that day so I wanted to make sure that the girls didn't monopolize the nets for too long. After a few minutes of playing, I told the girls that it was time to move on to another room. I took Lou's net and put it across the little stream so that she couldn't reach it while I attempted to extricate Bean's net from her grasp. While I had my attention focused on Sabine, I heard some mother gasp and say "look at that little girl." I immediately knew she was referring to our Lourdes, so I turned around. Lou had climbed into the creek to get the net and was soaked from her waist down! Since I hadn't brought a change of clothes, I had to take her to the bathroom and dry her clothes with the hand dryer until they were damp, but wearable. She's such a crazy girl!
Before the fishing went wrong...
Rockin' the boat.
First time the kids really got into the dinosaur dig.
A boy who loves to drive.
No comments:
Post a Comment