Saturday, December 12, 2009

Finny Turns 18 Months, Plays Soccer, and Clowns Around

Finny turned 18 months old on November 25th. Somehow the time has flown and I have a toddler on my hands. But thankfully he is still baby-sized as we found out at his doctor's appointment. He is only 31.5 inches long (30th - 35th percentile) and 19 lbs 12 ozs (not on the chart). So I could still cuddle him like a baby, that is if he would ever stop moving around and trying to be a big boy! For example, Finn now plays soccer at Lil Kickers on Saturday morning. He LOVES playing with the balls! But he resists kicking it as he can throw it much farther. That's okay since truthfully Lil Kickers is mostly about getting some exercise while it is cold out, because I don't think at David Beckham's practices they play "stomp the bubbles," "red light green light," or have "parachute time." But maybe I'm wrong. Also, Finn LOVES shoes now. He asks for his botas or boots all the time. And when they aren't around, he makes due by stomping around in his dad's big clodhoppers. Lastly, he is picking up on some things that I would rather he wouldn't. We were eating dinner one night, all of us with a glass of water, and Finn saw an advertisement in the mail for a restaurant. In the picture was a plate of pasta and a glass of wine. Finn pointed to the wine and said "momma". I guess since there wasn't a beer bottle in the picture, Dad got off the hook this time.





No comments: