Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Winter house project

We still have some unfinished house projects after the renovation.  One of which was to decorate the two main walls in our basement/tv room.  I found a painting on Etsy that perfectly filled the space on one wall.  It was done by a painter in the Netherlands who shipped it to us within 10 days for a reasonable shipping charge.  I really liked the colors and size.  But I wanted to make the other wall a bit more personable.  So I started thinking about how much books are a part of our lives.  I LOVE reading with the kids.  It is the one time of day where we all crawl up on the couch, relax and just enjoy each other.  And we've read some great books.  So I set out identifying six of our favorite books and finding quotes in each.  Joe really loved The Hobbit growing up.  My favorite book was A Wrinkle in Time.  The kids are obsessed with Harry Potter, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe and Lemony Snicket.  And I thought the One and Only Ivan was a really beautiful book.  Then I found someone on Etsy to put it on paper.  I am so happy with the final product and the kids really love it too.



No comments: