Sunday, May 31, 2015

Funny Facebook posts

In looking back at my Facebook feed for the last year, I found some gems.

April 13, 2014
After Sabine ignored Dad's request that she stop sucking her thumb and rubbing her belly button and the cat jumped on the counter even after repeated requests that he not, Joe noted "it's like every living thing in this house doesn't give a shit what I have to say." Ha....so true

August 24, 2014
We were at dinner talking about the girls upcoming preschool and I said to Lourdes - what are you going to like best about preschool: reading, painting, recess, gym? She said - I think snack because I like to eat. Girl knows herself and is okay with that.

September 6, 2014
So the kids were playing "going on vacation" as Joe and I were watching the ND game. At one point they got to the hotel which was located at "Lake Michigan/Hatteras" a conglomerate of our usual vacation spots. I asked if there were pools at the hotel and Lourdes said 10 hundred million. That sounded good. So I asked if there were any restaurants at the hotel. Lourdes said yes, a Starbucks. "It serves coffee, cocoa and wine." Sounds like a good vacation to me!

October 7, 2014
Lourdes and Sabine are starting a "health" unit in school. Today Sabine brought home a picture of a body. The teacher asked Sabine what was in her body. Sabine's answer: "bones, food and a baby." Ummmm.... Should I be worried?

November 13, 2014
Conversation with the girls on the way home from school:
Lou: Faith is back in school
Me: Oh, where was she?
Bean: At her grandparents house.
Me: That's nice. Next weekend, your grandparents, Gigi and Papa, are coming to visit
Both girls: Yay!
Bean: (word association with Grandma) Grandma Laser is old
Lou: Yeah, she's really old
Bean: She doesn't have a stick
Lou: Yeah, Ted is old and he has a stick (our neighbor uses a walking stick)
Bean: Old people have to use sticks
Awwww....how little minds work. Cracks me up.

November 17, 2014
Conversation between Finn and I.
Me: Remember that winter wonderland walk we went on last year. It was the first big snow and the polar vortex was coming the next day. So we decided to take a mile walk to one of our usual restaurants. The snow was so pretty on the trees. Then on the way back, Lourdes kept falling into the snow piles and we were all laughing. That was fun.
Finn: Yeah. Remember how you forgot to take my temperature before we left and you didn't give me any medicine. So I had a 103 temperature by the time we got home.
Me: Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Well, I guess it was just a winter wonderland walk for the rest of us then.

November 19, 2014
Finn has gotten into these "what would you do" questions. He poses some crazy hypothetical and I'm supposed to say what I would do given the circumstances. Lourdes wants to participate as well, but she's still a bit young to come up with elaborate scenarios. So here were the what would you dos from yesterday's ride to school:
Finn: What if you were in a war and your town was completely surrounded by the enemy. All you have is a shovel, a horse and a craft kit to make a carriage. What would you do?
Me: I don't know, Finn. Doesn't seem like I could shovel the whole family to safety. So I guess I would craft myself a carriage and try to find a break in the enemy lines.
Lourdes: I got one! What would you do if you only had milk.
Me: Well, I guess I would drink milk then.
Lourdes: Correct.
Cracked me up!

November 25, 2014
Funny of the morning:
Sabine: (running into the classroom and looking at the job board) "Ms Kopfer you forgot to change the jobs from last week!"
Ms. Kopfer: "No, it's a short week. I'll change the jobs next week."
Sabine: (big sigh)
Me: "Sabine, what's your job"
Sabine: "I'm still the CABOOSE"

December 1, 2014
All is well. Sabine has been upgraded from caboose to exercise coach for her preschool class.

December 19, 2014
I was walking to get take out for Joe's birthday last night. Lourdes insisted on joining me. During the whole 4 block walk, she would run ahead of me in her cute purple winter jacket with her long, brown hair bouncing along. Then she would get too far and I would tell her to hold up. She would turn around smiling and run back to me to hold my hand. Everything I love about her personality was on display - her joy for life, her energy, her happiness, her beauty (both inner and outer), her sweetness. And I vowed to keep that memory in my head and revisit it when she is a teenager and making my life miserable. She really is an amazing child and I am blessed to call her my daughter. (I'm blessed with the other two too, they just weren't there showing off their amazingess at that moment).

March 4, 2015
This is long, but worth it if you ever wondered what two 4 year olds would come up with if they got the assignment to write the sequel to Frozen. Spoiler alert - there is a surprise ending.
Elsa and Ana
Once Elsa and Ana were little girls. And then Ana said "do you want to build a snowman?" Then Elsa fell asleep and pushed Ana back to her bed saying "go back to sleep it's not time to get up." Elsa had to say it twice. And then Ana said, "do you want to build a snowman?" Elsa woke up. Then Elsa and Ana went to a hotel. Elsa and Ana had a phone, an ipad and a computer. At the hotel, Ana and Elsa swam in the pool. There were eleven flowers in the hotel.
One day, Elsa shut Ana out. Elsa was frightened. And then Elsa's coronation day came. Ana and Elsa made a map so they could drive their car to Elsa's coronation day. At bedtime they went to their room. Then, in the morning they came to an odd looking house. It was Olaf's house. Then Sven found a sign that said "friendship is the best medicine." They had ten pictures of Sven, Kristoff, Olaf, Elsa, Ana and Hans. There were two hearts in Elsa's room. And she had five flowers in her room. Ana had four pink flowers in her room. Ana and Elsa could comb doll's hair in their room. And then at bedtime they saw snow outside. And then they had big ceilings and they had a couch, a big bed where Olaf, Sven, Kristoff, Ana and Hans could sleep. And the next morning they woke up, and Olaf went to his house to make a lot of ice cream, cookies and cupcakes.
Then Olaf went out of his house. And then there were butterflies going south for winter. Then while the butterflies were doing that, Olaf went to knock on Elsa and Ana's front door. Elsa answered, "who is it?" And then Olaf said, "Olaf has cake, cupcakes and chocolate frosted cakes." Then Elsa opened the door and said, "Olaf, hi!" Elsa woke up Ana to see. And then Elsa had her coronation.
At the hotel, they had a real cat. Hans was still at the hotel. At night time, there came a wicked witch at bedtime who could capture people. The next morning, Elsa and Ana saw the cookies were ready. Ana said, "do you want to go outside and play?" But then came the wicked witch. She was from Sleeping Beauty. Then came all the witches from Sleeping Beauty and they had a lot of Snow White stuff. The witches steal people's cats.
Then Elsa went outside to freeze the wicked witches. And then Elsa got hurt. And then she got a bandaid. One day, Elsa and Ana said, "maybe we could put a bomb outside and shoot it at the wicked witch." Then all fire came and the wicked witches were gone. Then Olaf went to check on his clock and it was 8:30, so they went back to sleep.
The End.

No comments: