Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Dance recital weekend!

The girls were in their very first dance recital and, of course, wanted Papa and Gigi there to witness them in all their tapping glory.  So we made a fun weekend out of it.  Friday night we all took Lourdes and Sabine to their very first movie in a theater - Monsters University.  With the help of a lot of popcorn, they sat quietly through the whole thing and, I think, enjoyed it.  Then Saturday was the big night.  The girls got dressed up in their adorable costumes and waited patiently for 2 hours backstage.  And then when it was finally their turn in the spotlight, they remembered all the moves to their 3 minute medley of "I Like it Like That" and "Conga".  Sabine absolutely LOVES to dance, so she had no stage fright whatsoever.  I actually had to coax her off the stage after the performance was over because she didn't want to leave.  Lourdes was a bit more shy, but, once she adjusted, did a great job.  Sunday was the annual guys trip to the Cubs game.  So Dad, Papa, Uncle Joe and Finnegan cheered the Cubbies on to a 14-6 win over the Astros.  Finnegan was mostly psyched that it was a Build-a-Bear giveaway game.  Meanwhile, Gigi and I painted the girls nails for the first time - pink for Sabine and purple for Lourdes, naturally.  And then we took a little snooze - Lourdes insisted on taking her nap on my chest.  The night ended with birthday carrot cake for Papa.












No comments: