Finn and I had tickets to the family matinee at the Chicago Symphony Orchestra on the Saturday before St. Patrick's Day. So I thought it might be fun to get downtown a bit early and check out the river dying and the parade. I miscalculated two things: 1) how cold it would be, and 2) how drunk people would be, even at eleven in the morning. On our train ride downtown (at 10:15 a.m.), people were already talking about doing car bombs. And as we watched the river turn green, the language got more and more adult. So we bagged the parade and checked out the Hershey and Lego stores. By the time we got out of the Symphony at 2, the eff bombs were flying and we almost walked into a drunken brawl on our way back to the train. So I got Finn home and vowed to NEVER go downtown on St. Patrick's Day again. Newsflash ... I'm not 21 anymore.
Baby’s Strawberry, Banana, and Beet Mash
3 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment