Tuesday, January 29, 2013

More pre-Christmas fun

Gingerbread house making!  The girls made a house too, but the icing hadn't set long enough to withstand their enthusiasm for putting the candy on the roof and it collapsed before I could snap a picture.  Next year, I'm going to let the houses sit out overnight so they are good and solid for Lourdes and Sabine.

And last, but certainly not least, all the kids got to wear their Christmas pjs to school for Polar Express day.  That book has become a classic in our house.  I still tear up at the end every time I read it.  

"At one time, most of my friends could hear the bell, but as years passed, it fell silent for all of them. Even Sarah found one Christmas that she could no longer hear its sweet sound. Though I've grown old, the bell still rings for me, as it does for all who truly believe." 

Absolutely beautiful!  And every time I read it I say a silent prayer that my children will never lose their Christmas spirit and will always hear the bell ring.

No comments: