I had a lot of activities planned for the weekend of October 22. Saturday night we all went to Circus in the Park. I'll admit, my expectations were low. It was only $15 for people over the age of 3, free for those under 3, and it was at a local park under a tent. But I was totally blown away. The acrobats were VERY talented and they played good music. The kids LOVED it. It was two hours long so I thought Lourdes and Sabine would revolt half way through, but they hung in until the end. At one point, Lou was so into the hula hoop woman that she was literally bouncing up and down on my lap! And then the next day, Finn and I went with Mae and her parents to see the Broadway production of Mary Poppins. Again, vastly exceeded my expectations. The only bummer about this weekend of fun, was that Finn was feeling under the weather. He was running a 101 fever both days, which I was able to control with Motrin. So I assumed it was just a bad cold. But after Mary Poppins, he just looked miserable. That night he slept with us and literally coughed half the night. I immediately called his pediatrician on Monday and it turns out the poor guy had pneumonia! I felt terrible! While he enjoyed the circus and the show, he would have had an even better time if he wasn't so sick. The girls, on the other hand, were able to enjoy the weekend, but by Tuesday were also at the doctor with pneumonia. Poor kids!
Here's Finn putting on a brave face for the camera. His friend Mae looked cute as a button!
Baby’s Strawberry, Banana, and Beet Mash
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment