What's not to love about summer? Every weekend is full of fun activities! We started our summer out right by hosting Molly, Lyle, Xavier and Isabelle for the weekend. When they arrived on Thursday afternoon, they picked up Mr. Finn and headed to the Museum of Science and Industry for a few hours. Finn could only stay an hour because I had to get him to his big 3 year old check up. Finn grew a lot this year! Well ... at least a lot for Finn. He is now 26 pounds and 35 1/4 inches tall! Although, next to Isabelle in these pictures, he still looks like a shortie. On Friday, I had to stay home and work in the morning so Finn went with Molly, Lyle, Iz and Xav to check out Millennium and Grant Parks. They took some cute pictures in front of the Bean.


After that they started walking down Michigan Ave and ran into this outdoor art installation at the Museum of Art. I totally want to check it out soon because from the pictures it looks really cool.

I took some vacation time that afternoon and met up with the group for the Wendella Boat Tour. LOVE that tour! I've taken almost every visitor on it at least once and I never get tired of cruising down the Chicago River and out into Lake Michigan. Finn never tires of it either. He likes looking at the waves as they crash on the boat. This was a particularly frigid boat tour, however. It was about 50 degrees and so I was wearing my winter coat and, at times, my hat too! Who would have thought that just 4 days later, we'd be roasting in 90+ degree temperatures. Ahhh Chicago weather....

On Saturday, the girls and I went to Gymboree and did some cuddling while Dad and Finn joined the group for a Cubbies games. In typical Cubbies fashion, they lost 10 to 1 to the Pirates. But everyone still had a good time!



Finn needed to catch some zzzz's so that he was up for watching movies with his cousins that night while the adults went out for a fabulous meal downtown!

Throughout the weekend, Xavier and Iz gave the girls a lot of lovin'!

And our last fun event on Sunday before our guests left for Ft. Wayne was to hit up the Children's Museum. ALWAYS a blast!
The kids digging for dinosaur bones.
My budding paleontologist!
Even Teeny Bean had a good time hanging with her Daddy.





No comments:
Post a Comment