Sunday, January 9, 2011

Finny's Visit with Santa

I thought it would be a nice Mommy and Finny outing to visit Santa before we went to Ohio for the holidays. I did a bit of research online as to where Santa might be holding hours and the consensus seemed to be that the Santa at the 900 N. Michigan Ave. stores was the best. So the Thursday before we left, we drove downtown and paid Santa a visit. I've never been to the 900 N. Michigan stores and when I walked in and saw the enormous tree that was richly decorated along with the list of store names, I realized the reason I had never been there was because I couldn't afford anything there. But whatever, we were just there to visit Santa. When we got to the third floor where Santa was, I wondered why all these kids were dressed in their Christmas best. Then I realized this was a fancy Santa and all the kids were dressed up to get their pictures taken with him. As you can see below, Joe had dressed Finn in about his grubbiest play clothes that day. I was a bit embarrassed, but decided who cares we were getting this picture taken. I wondered if Finn would be scared of the Big Man, but instead he jumped right up on his lap and said "I want a boat." This Santa was very chatty and so he started asking Finn what type of boat he wanted and what color. As said boat was already purchased, I gently told Santa not to ask for details that couldn't be produced. Santa quickly moved on to giving Finn a sweet little doggy that Finn named Grover and when Finny mentioned his baby sisters, Santa produced two more doggies for them as well. All in all the trip was a success. Next year though I'll remember to dress the kids a bit nicer.

No comments: