Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Second Birthday Finnegan!

Another year has flown by and I can't believe my little Finny is already two! I thought the changes that Finn went through between the time he was born and his first birthday were huge, but it was no less astonishing watching him grow from a one to two year old. This year Finn went from barely being able to put a couple of steps together to being able to run, climb up slides and ride his tricycle (with some pushing from mom and dad). He went from saying momma, dadda and a few other small words to saying sentences in both English and Spanish. Such as yesterday when he went to his train track and declared "I need hammer and screwdriver." Or at the end of story time at Barnes and Noble when it was all quiet and he decided to stir a revolt by yelling "mas libros!" Finn went from knowing no numbers or letters to being able to count to twenty in English and Spanish and recognizing 15 different letters and what they stand for such a D for Daddy and G for Gigi. Finny also went from having very few independent opinions to having tons of his own likes and dislikes such as all cars, trains and helicopters are sweet to dolphins and gorillas are scary. Lastly, he went from having no interest in other children to waking up every day and asking to play with his "amigos." Needless to say I am constantly in awe of my handsome, smart, funny Finnegan and can hardly wait to see what this year brings us. I love you my little guy!



No comments: