Friday after work was a bit trying. Joe was working late. Finn hadn't taken an afternoon nap and was in, shall I say, an emotionally fragile state. So the smallest thing - like me making dinner - brought on a wave a tears. But after dinner, things started to turn around. Finn had a good time coloring and as I was cleaning up the crayons, I told him to go get his
choo choo so that we could continue playing. As an aside - he actually calls it his "
choo choo" now - too cute. But when I looked up to see if he had gotten the train, I instead saw him putting a handful of something in his mouth. Since I hadn't given him anything to eat, I asked him what he had. In response to my question, he put a bunch of grapes in my hand. I was
stupefied at first. We hadn't had grapes for dinner and these grapes seemed dirty. Then I looked down at Finn's legs and it was clear he'd had a diaper blowout. A DIAPER BLOWOUT FULL OF HALF DIGESTED GRAPES. Needless to say - I ran to wash the poop covered grapes off my hand and then quickly undressed Finn and put him in the bath. He then got a vigorous tooth and tongue brushing. Finn quickly recovered and seemed none the worse for the incident. I, on the other hand, am now drinking a glass of wine and trying to erase that visual from my mind. Dangit! Joe just pointed out that wine was made from grapes. Grossed out all over again!
3 comments:
gross. that is a great story. that is a story you can tell to embarrass him later in life. i hope you all are well. miss you! love you all.
jen
Without a doubt, one of the most disgusting things I've read or heard of in a long ling while---and I know disgusting!
oh my god - i can not stop laughing!
Post a Comment